Saturday, November 10, 2007
Some time last week I think, 98.7fm had this survey and came to a random conclusion that Singaporean couples usually get the "itch" in their relationships at 3years 7months.
Well, my 2cents worth about this is that, in every relationship, I'm sure, this itch is bound to popup. It's just a matter of whether you scratch it, or put some ointment (say, MOPIKO?) to it. Cos when you scratch it, it'll itch even harder, and you'll keep on scratching til it bleeds and leaves a scar. Ointment would be the low risk way. I've done both, and experienced it both the easy and the hard way. We've all got to be bitches and bastards at least once in our lives. I've just learnt a few things though.
Honesty works wonders; though it won't exactly keep you from getting hurt, it's failproof.
Don't ever be scared if you're not wrong.
What goes around comes around.
If you wanna mingle, stay single.
It takes two to play the game.
And sometimes you can set your particular principles when it comes to finding the right one, or when it comes to relationships or whatever; but when love comes knocking on your door, you'll realise all that bull you've set doesn't really stay. For example, maybe you'd say: I'd never fall for him. Or, I'm planning to stay single. So sick of bastards. Or, we'll never be together again. Or, I'll dump him if he hurts me.
Well, love works in mysterious ways. When it comes, none of those would matter. We simply can't be too sure how we'd actually feel when it really happens, you know. Just like how the number of years spent together doesn't equate to eternal happiness. But don't ever deny or force your heart to feel something that it's not supposed to feel.
Okay, before I ramble on and on aimlessly as though I'm some love doctor, I'd get my ass outta here. I've got a loooooong day ahead and I've less than 4h left to sleep. Bummer.
Labels: bovine
X O X O; 1:07 am